Cliveden Conservation to host a regional hub for the Building Limes Forum (BLF) online conference on Saturday 6th November 2021 at All Saints Church, Maidenhead.
To retain the social aspect of the eagerly anticipated Building Limes Forum annual gathering, regional hubs have been set up across the UK to enable participants to join others for the 2021 conference which is being streamed online from Exeter Cathedral. Each hub will be offering off-line activities including a morning tour, lunch and dinner.
Berkshire Regional Hub hosts Cliveden Conservation will be treating guests to an exclusive viewing of their work at All Saints Church, Maidenhead where they have restored the historic floor using the original Victorian floor tiles laid over a ‘Limecrete’ floor. Participants will then gather at the Parish Centre for the Building Limes Conference online lectures.
Speakers include Cliveden Conservation’s Senior Projects Manager, Berenice Humphreys, who will be talking about the recent pilot programme of conservation work to safeguard the future of the much-admired west front of Wells Cathedral, famed for its medieval carvings, architectural significance and use of building limes.
Lecture programme (1-7pm)
• Nick Durnan on the conservation of Exeter Cathedral west front
• Berenice Humphreys of Cliveden Conservation on Wells Cathedral west front
• Edd Walker of Cornish Lime on manufacturing standards and the test standards of modern limes
• Arthur Needham of Vitruvius Conservation on mortar trials at Lancing College Chapel
• Dr Jo Cox of Devon Buildings Group on materials performance at Devon Churches
• Tobias Carleton-Prangnell of Black Pheasant Consultancy on earth lime construction and technology
• James Simpson will present the Baker Memorial Lecture.
For ticket information please visit https://www.buildinglimesforum.org.uk/events/2021-gathering/
Important note: to join a regional event, book a hub ticket AND a place at the hub of your choice; to join online only, book an online ticket.